|Airdate||July 29, 2015|
|Written by||Kyle Bradstreet|
|Directed by||Deborah Chow|
|U.S. viewers||1.25 million|
|“||Zero sum, Elliot. You're playing a game you've already lost.||”|
— Mr. Robot
“eps1.5_br4ve-trave1er.asf” is the sixth episode of Season 1 of Mr. Robot. It was broadcast on July 29, 2015.
<@mrrobot> to save someone elliot cares abt, hes gotta hack vera-- badass drug-dealer-- out of jail. tyrell's "game" gets crazy. angela digs deeper into moms death.
Origin of the Title
- In the context of the characters, as Vera explains, "Brave Traveler" is the meaning of his last name, but also how he sees himself.
- The extension: .asf is a proprietary audio/video format designed for video streaming.
- The Patek Philippe Sky Moon Tourbillon watch, which Scott Knowles offers to Tyrell, is a real watch, valued at roughly $1.5 million.
- The painting in the opening scene is by Dominican poet and painter Gilberto Hernandez Ortega. Oretga was a surrealist painter considered one of the finest of his generation. He was born in 1923 and died in 1978.
- The song used at the end of this episode, "Consummation" by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross, is also featured in Gone Girl (2014). In both of these instances, it is used in a scene where a character's throat is cut.
- Elliot uses a Multiblue USB Bluetooth dongle on his laptop to type an exploit into the police cruiser.
- "Some Velvet Morning". Recorded by Nancy Sinatra (1967), written by Lee Hazelwood. Plays under the opening credits and Elliot's monologue. At the time of its release, it was regarded as a "druggy, psychedelic" song with an undecipherable meaning.
|Season 1 Episodes|
|eps1.0 • eps1.1 • eps1.2 • eps1.3 • eps1.4 • eps1.5 • eps1.6 • eps1.7 • eps1.8 • eps1.9|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.